Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction? Have you tried treatment programs that didn’t work for you?
One option you may not have considered is a 12-step program. Through 12-step rehab programs addicts are able to work together and support one another in a community or group therapy setting. Through this process individuals sponsor and support one another with real-life experience handling addiction.
Contact Stillwater Behavioral Health to see if their unique combination of 12-step program and alternative therapies is right for you.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12-steps are similar across Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Sex Addiction Anonymous, etc. These 12-steps along with sponsorship work to break the cycle of addiction that keep people hooked.
While the 12-step rehab program does have a religious component, not all parts are inherently religious and many programs have non-religious meetings if you feel strongly about it.
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We’re entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.”
What Are the Benefits of Going to a 12-Step Rehab Program?
12-step rehab programs allow individuals struggling with substance abuse to participate in self-help in a community-based setting. Many times, individuals will feel shy or embarrassed about sharing their struggles in a setting with individuals they are familiar with. In an anonymous setting, the 12-step rehab program is more accessible and realistic.
In 12-step rehab programs, you choose a sponsor who you feel has a similar experience as you to support you through the challenges of recovery. This person is there to challenge your thinking, support your recovery, and acknowledge your weaknesses. They too have struggled with addiction and are familiar with the challenges it presents in your life.
If you think a 12-step program could be beneficial to you, consider Stillwater Behavioral Health for detoxification and a 12-step rehab program.
The Stillwater Behavioral Health Way
At Stillwater Behavioral Health we support holistic healing with our treatment plans, our staff and our luxury environment. With locations in Montecito and Porter Ranch, we are your premier Southern California addiction treatment rehab.
Our individually constructed treatment plans include a 12-step rehab program and alternative therapies that support the unique and individual needs of our clients. We offer yoga and mindfulness skill building to promote holistic healing in our relaxing facilities. Through this combination of traditional and alternative therapies, we promote life-long learning and skill development for long-term sobriety.
With Stillwater Behavioral Health, our staff is medically and expertly trained to monitor detoxification, support you through a residential inpatient program, and provide assistance with monitoring and setting up supports through aftercare. Our compassionate clinicians are 3:1 with our clients, creating dedicated teams to support you throughout your stay.
In a boutique luxury environment, our clinicians encourage relaxation and recovery. Private rooms and modern amenities allow clients to feel at home while experiencing the challenges of addiction treatment. By providing world-class service our clients know that their recovery is our goal.
Contact Stillwater Behavioral Health today to see if one of our treatment center’s meet your needs.